My Device Privacy NoticeI. Introduction
My Device, Inc. (“My Device”) d/b/a Whizz is committed to keeping your personal data safe. This notice describes the personal data we collect, how it’s used and shared, and your choices regarding this data.
We may occasionally update this notice. We encourage users to periodically review this notice for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Last modified: 03/04/2022
If you have any questions or concerns about your privacy, we encourage you to contact us at 1 (516) 544-9015 or firstname.lastname@example.orgII. Who does this notice apply to?
This notice applies to all users of our website and app, including customers who open accounts with us. Some of the information collected from users may be personal data, and this notice provides information about your rights regarding your personal data.III. What data do we collect?
The following data is collected by, or on behalf of My Device:1- Data provided by users. This may include:
· Email address
· Mailing address
· Telephone number
· Payment information
· Driving license or other identification documentation
· Employment information, if you are renting a bike for work related reasons
· Photos or Videos
· Social Security number and/or your EIN2- Data created during use of our services. This may include:
· Location data, which allows us to track the location of our bikes
· Transaction information, which allows us to track what services are requested and provided, and track order details
· Usage data, which tells us how users interact with our services. In some cases, we collect this data through cookies, pixels, tags, and similar tracking technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers. To learn more about these technologies, please see section X below and our Cookie Notice available at getwhizz.com/cookie
· Device data, which provides us with information about the devices used to access our services, including IP addresses, referring URLs, operating systems used.
· Photos or Videos of customers.IV. How do we use the data we collect?
My Device collects and uses data collected from Customers:
· To provide and maintain our services, including fulfilling our contract with you
· To enhance the safety and security of our users and services
· For customer support
· To send marketing and non-marketing communications to users
· In connection with legal proceedingsV. What data do we share with others, and why?
My Device may be required to share data with our affiliates and partners, at your request or to fulfill our contract with you. We may also share data with our affiliates and partners, for legal reasons or in connection with claims or disputes. We do not sell or share user personal data with third parties for their direct marketing
, except with users’ consent.
We may share the data we collect:1- With My Device service providers and business partners
My Device provides data to vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers or business partners. These include:
· Payment processors and facilitators
· Background check providers to perform soft credit checks and identity checks on customers
· Marketing partners and marketing platform providers
· Data analytics providers
· Third party delivery services to deliver e-bikes to users
· Consultants, lawyers, accountants, and other professional services providers2- For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
My Device may share your personal data if we believe it’s required by New York State applicable law, regulation, operating license or agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns.
This also includes sharing personal data with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all, or a portion of our business, or into another company.3- With consent
My Device may share your personal data other than as described in this notice
if we notify you and you consent to the sharing.VI. How long do we keep your data for?
My Device retains data for as long as necessary for the purposes described above. This means that we retain different categories of data for different periods of time depending on the category of user to whom the data relates, the type of data, and the purposes for which we collected the data.
Customers may request deletion of their accounts or deletion of the data about any End User agreement at any time by contacting the company via email address at email@example.com
. We may retain data after a deletion request due to legal or regulatory requirements or for the reasons stated in this policy.VII. What are our grounds for processing data?
We only collect and use personal data where we have lawful grounds to do so. These include processing user personal data to fulfill a contract with you, for purposes of My Device’s legitimate interests or those of other parties, to fulfill our legal obligations, or based on consent.VIII. How do we secure your data?
My Device is committed to the security and integrity and confidentiality of your information. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures that are designed to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use and modification. We regularly review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. However, no method of storage on or transmission over the internet is 100% secure, and so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information.IX. What do we do with payment information?
.X. What about cookies and third-party technologies?
· Authenticating users
· Remembering user preferences and settings
· Determining the popularity of content
· Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
· Analyzing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviors and interests of people who interact with our services
Please see our Cookie Notice available at getwhizz.com/cookie
My Device is not directed to children, and we don’t knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If you believe that a child under the age of 18 has given us personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
.XII. Is my data transferred to other countries?
Our servers are in the United States. Any information provided to us within the United States remains on our servers in the United States and is not transferred out of the United States.